Thyme-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fresh Cranberries
Turn boring Brussels sprouts into a sophisticated side dish by combining earthy thyme, sour cranberries, and sweet maple syrup. This lightly sweetened dish is a great way to highlight delicious fall flavors.
Recipe by France Cevallos
Recipe yields 4 servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl and toss with olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out evenly on the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Stir in cranberries. Continue roasting for 10 minutes.
- Place sprouts and cranberries in a serving bowl and drizzle with maple syrup. Toss to coat.
- Add more maple syrup if you prefer things a little sweeter.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
protein 4g 8% DV;
carbohydrates 19.9g 6% DV;
fat 7.2g 11% DV;
1% DV. Full Nutrition