PREP TIME:14 mins
COOK TIME:16 mins
TOTAL TIME:30 mins
COURSE: Side Dish
Zucchini Tots are a great way to get your family to eat their veggies! These kid-friendly zucchini tots, made with shredded zucchini and cheese make a great side dish or snack.
- cooking spray
- 1 packed cup grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, or gluten-free crumbs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean dishtowel until you have 1 packed cup. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini, there will be a lot of water. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden. Makes 16.
Recipe courtesy of skinnytaste.com
Serving: 5 tots,
Calories: 108 kcal,
Blue Smart Points:2
Green Smart Points:3
Purple Smart Points:2