Take Out Style Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
- 1.5-pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (I use Swerve)
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder + 3 tbsp water (slurry)
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small pieces and steamed until tender-crisp
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce, beef broth, water, fish sauce, garlic, green onions, sweetener, and ginger.
- Place the flank steak into a ziplock bag and pour marinade inside. Let meat marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Place the steak into the Instant Pot and pour the marinade on top.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes. Quick-release the steam.
- Remove the meat from pot and put it on a plate and set aside. Press cancel to clear the settings. Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE setting.
- Once the juices start to bubble, slowly whisk in the slurry. Stir continuously as the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the steak and broccoli to the pot and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
To make in the crock-pot: Follow steps 1-3. Put the meat and marinade into the crock-pot and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Transfer juices to a small pan on the stove. Bring to a boil and slowly whisk in slurry. Stir continuously as the sauce begins to thicken. Add steak and broccoli to pot and toss to coat.
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 6
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 226
TOTAL FAT: 9.3g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 6g
Recipe courtesy of Anna Hunley | Keto In Pearls
Best of Health,