Cauliflower Fried Rice
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
SERVINGS: 4 servings
AUTHOR: Lisa Bryan
Cauliflower fried rice is a healthier version of the much-loved Chinese stir fry favorite. This version is low-carb, gluten-free, Whole30 and paleo-friendly.
· 1 medium head of cauliflower
· 2 tablespoons sesame oil
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
· 1/2 small onion, diced
· 1 large carrot, diced small
· 4 scallions sliced, with white and green parts separated
· 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
· 2 large eggs
· 2 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
1. Slice the head of cauliflower in half, then slice off the cauliflower florets from the stem. Place the florets through the top of a food processor with the grater adapter. Continue until all cauliflower has been riced, then set aside.
2. Heat the sesame oil
3. In a large wok or skillet on medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 20 seconds, then stir in the onions, carrots and white parts of the scallions and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower rice and peas to the wok and stir together for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Create a well in the middle of the cauliflower rice and break the eggs into the well. Use your spatula to stir and scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are cooked, stir everything together.
6. Add the tamari and green parts of the scallions and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
SATURATED FAT: 2.1g,