Inflammation: The Road to Disease
Oxidative stress is an attack on cells by free radicals and is caused by an imbalance between free radicals (too much) and antioxidants (not enough).
Being an important inflammation factor, it is also considered to be one of the main causes of cancer and is thought to play a role in Alzheimer's disease, as in several more common conditions such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, arthritis, cataracts, and many other known diseases.
Oxidative stress = Chronic inflammation = Disease
The following factors are among the most well-known causes of oxidative stress. Imagine that your cells are surrounded by rust and cannot reproduce or regenerate healthily:
- Smoking, alcohol, and drugs
- A diet poor in nutrients (vitamins and minerals)
- Excessive consumption of refined carbohydrates that influence an instant rise in blood sugar levels (pastries, crepes, waffles, cereals, bread, bagels, pasta, white rice and glue, ground corn, etc.),
- Physical stress (illness, chronic pain, surgery),
- Psychological stress (unhealthy relationships and concerns both personal and professional)
- Chronic lack of sleep.
- UV radiation, exhaust gases and fine dust, environmental toxins or chemicals such as pesticides, harsh solvents or heavy metals, and many more.
Are you fighting health concerns and don't know what else to do?
Click here to schedule a 20-Minute free consultation with me, and let's get the ball rolling.
Helena Jean Louis is a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. She helps guide, support, and educate people with severe gut issues and hormonal disorders to make conscientious decisions to improve their health and wellbeing.
Do you need a hand to improve your health and live the life you deserve? Check this video here.