Top 10 Things To Do in Boston before the End of the Summer
- Georges Island
- Spectacle Island
- Atlantic Wharf
- Dorchester Heights
- Sat, August 25 / 6:00 PM- Ana María Villa
- Thu, August 16 / 6:00 PM- Common Cents
- Thu, August 23 / 6:00 PM- One Drop: A Bob Marley Tribute
- Thu, August 30 / 6:00 PM- Martin Tamisier
- The Fisherman's Feast is an annual event that began in Boston in 1910 and is based on a tradition that goes back to the 16th century in Sciacca Sicily. The Feast is based on the devotion of the fishermen from Sciacca to the Madonna del Soccorso (Our Lady of Help). When the fishermen immigrated to America in the early 1900s, they brought their traditions with them. Today's Feast is much the same as it was over 100 years ago with lights adorning the street and the smell of sausage in the air. The current Feast is organized by the descendants of those original immigrants and still includes a procession of the Madonna through the streets of the North End. Read more
Experience the lighthouses of Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park through a special narrated cruise. Join us as we voyage through maritime history and pass renowned Boston Harbor landmarks on this three-lighthouse tour. This 2-hour cruise will sail past Long Island Light, Graves Light, and Boston Light, America's Oldest Light Station. Narrations and programs onboard provided by staff and volunteers from the National Park Service and United States Coast Guard.
- Friday, August 17th at 5:30 pm
- Two tours daily on Saturday, August 18th
- Two tours daily on Saturday, September 15th
- Tours depart from the Boston Harbor Islands Welcome Center on the Rose Kennedy Greenway (across from the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel and next to the Greenway Carousel). Please arrive 30 minutes early to check in.
- Groups of 25 or more, please call 617-223-8108 to inquire about our discount group pricing or emails [email protected]
Fort Point – August 17th 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM – Atlantic Wharf - The Forest of Arden comes alive in Brown Box Theatre Project’s 8th Annual Free Outdoor Shakespeare tour, As You Like It. When a motley cast of characters finds themselves banished from the court, misdirection, desire, and serendipity unite to form a tangled web of identity and love that could only be possible in this pastoral haven, where gender roles, politics, and expectations are turned upside-down. Performed under the stars in idyllic outdoor venues, As You Like It will transport audiences into the heart of one of Shakespeare’s most beloved comedies in a can’t-miss multi-state tour.
DESCRIPTION: Get moving and enjoy sweeping views of the harbor on Spectacle Island’s healthy heart trail. Each session in this weekly walking group is led by a volunteer completing studies in nursing, medicine, physical therapy, or other health-related fields. Low-grade, crushed gravel terrain is ADA accessible.
The 9:00 ferry from Long Wharf will arrive at Spectacle Island right on time for the health walk.
It is highly recommended that you purchase tickets for this ferry ahead of time, as they do sell out. Schedules and online ticketing can be found at http://bostonharborcruises.com/harbor-islands/
Walk-ups are available on a limited basis. Please register to ensure your spot in the class!
Bring the kids and join us for Dance Free Sundays! Teaching artist, , and Fort Point Theatre Channel will offer participants a dance lesson and a chance to perform. The second portion of each event will be a “music and dance playground” that invites all participants to explore and play with the keyboard, drums, stage props, and costumes. Each week will feature a different style of dance such as ballet, hip hop, folk, and creative dance with a guest dance teaching artist and musician(s). There will also be a drawing wall for attendees to draw and write on using washable markers. Join us at Waterfront Plaza
Visit the tropics without leaving Boston Harbor at our weekly Luau on Spectacle Island. Your journey includes a relaxing cruise to and from the island and a luau feast designed by renowned chef Barbara Lynch, with charcoal-roasted whole hog, lomilomi tomatoes and silky coconut pudding cups for dessert. Add in a cash bar and lots of luau flair by the waters of Boston Harbor and we think you'll be breaking into a hula before you know it!
Grab your camping gear and join a ranger for an unforgettable night sky experience in the Boston Harbor. Learn how to use a telescope, see the cosmos, read the stories written in the stars, and even write your own! Tickets include a round-trip ferry ride out to Peddocks Island, a camping site for one night, night sky ranger programs, and s’mores. Please bring everything necessary for a backcountry camping experience including tents, food, water, charcoal or a camp stove, and outdoor clothing for this rain or shine event.
- 3:30 PM- Check-in at the Boston Harbor Islands Welcome Center, located on the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway.
- 5:30 PM - Arrive on Peddocks Island.
- 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Dinner on your own and set up camp.
- 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Night Sky Program.
- Please note: The first ferry back to Boston is at 10:15 AM the next day.
Celebrate the end of summer with a harbor fireworks spectacular brought to you by Boston Harbor Now, the Friends of Christopher Columbus Park and the Wharf District Council!
Suggested public viewing locations:
Christopher Columbus Park, North End
East Boston Harborwalk
Fan Pier, Seaport District
Boston Harbor Now in partnership with the Office of Mayor Martin J. Walsh and the City of Boston, Friends of Christopher Columbus Park and the Wharf District Council are proud to announce the return of the Labor Day weekend fireworks over Boston Harbor, for the 6th year in a row, Thursday, August 30, 2018, at 8:30PM. As part of our organization’s continued mission to make Boston Harbor, the Islands, and Waterfront vibrant and accessible world-class destinations, Illuminate the Harbor is a celebration of what we hope will be another successful season of public programming along one of the nation’s most beautiful harbors.
Join us as we welcome new residents and students to the city, embrace current neighbors and visitors, support local businesses, and highlight and explore all of the great amenities that make Boston Harbor a fantastic place to live, work, play, eat and shop.
Please note: These are public fireworks over the Harbor presented by Boston Harbor Now and our supporters. You do NOT need a ticket to view them from public spaces. The ticket below is intended to be an easy reminder and to keep up-to-date with any news about the event.
Thursday, August 30th, 2018
6:00 P.M. in the Boston Harbor Hotel Foster's Pavilion
Cost of admission includes two complimentary Anheuser Busch Beverages & Summer Bites, *Cash Bar Available*
Rain or Shine!
Take pleasure in summer bites and beverages in our iconic Foster's Pavilion, while enjoying the best spot in Boston for an evening of entertainment. The Bruce Marshall Band concludes the 20th Annual Summer in the City Entertainment Series on the Blues Barge, followed by the most spectacular view as fireworks light up the sky over Boston Harbor to kick off Labor Day Weekend and the beginning of fall. End this summer with a bang at Boston Harbor Hotel's Summer in the City Finale!
PASSED HORS D'OEUVRES
Beef Tenderloin Sliders
Smoky Onion Aioli
Mini Haddock Filet O Fish Sandwiches
Caper, Lemon & Herb Tartar, Buttermilk Roll
Shrimp Cocktail on Ice
Cocktail Sauce, Horseradish, Lemons
Coppa Sopressata, Mortadella, Salami, Olives, Artichokes, Roasted Peppers, Grilled Vegetables, Feta Cheese, Baguettes